1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blood Diamond

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 10, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No, that's what the accent should sound like. Like Mert said, we're just used to him playing American. Leo's extremely good at accents.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's nearly spot-on South African; if you don't absolutely know DiCaprio's American, you'd think he's a native Afrikaaner.

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Thinking more about it, I guess you guys are right, it sounded funky because I don't really know what it should sound like. How are the reviews from the big boys on this one?

4. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Jennifer Connelly is a godess.

Reason enough for me to wanna see it.

Leo C. was OK in Gangs of New York.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I missed a DyePack negative in a thread about a movie? Damn. Musta been good.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It wasn't. The reaction is overblown.

Basically I was turning down the original premise -- I should see this movie -- then telling the poster he sucked.

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

wow. i just saw it last night. great movie. unbelievable acting by hansou and leo. not sure if leo secured himself an award but if hansou isn't nominated for best supporting actor there ought to be an investigation.

i was very disturbed by this movie. i know it's fiction but i also know the savagery of the child soldiers, limb removal, civil war, diamond process and abject hopelessness is all too real.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I appreciate the review but you failed to answer one important question, does Jennifer Connelly get naked in this movie?

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

No one but Leo was nominated for a Golden Globe for the award. The movie wasn't even nominated. I was shocked because I thought it was better than The Departed. Hopefully, they won't get snubbed by other awards.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

This movie will accomplish nothing. No awards, and everyone will go back to buying diamonds without a second thought on their origin.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well, what's the point then?

Draft saved Draft deleted