1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BLOGGING!!!! Live from the doctor's office

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Tell 'em you've got shingles and ask if they want to see.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Here are some of the fine magazines within reach:

Yachting
    Priority (never heard of it)
    Motor Trend

There are others but it would be rude to pluck them from the people who are reading them.

A heavy breather sat next to me but just got up to have a smoke. Thank goodness.

Now a depression commercial is playing on the tube. You know what's depressing? This.

I think I'm now the longest-tenured person here, so to speak.

Crap, my phone just rang. I am now THAT GUY, the moron who has his cell phone on so everyone can hear his ring tone.

yippee!!! Just got called in. The nurse says "You've been doing a lot of work!" Oh, if only.

3. Armchair_QB

Dear Hustler:

I'm an unemployed bitter sportswriter. I never believed the stories in your magazine were true until the day I went to see the doctor...

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Did you talk to my grandma today?

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Alright, Ladie's and Gents... Place Your Bets!

What's Ailing BYH?

I'll take the 20-1 parlay on gout/ genital warts.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

ZEKE12, that's it!

You can just forget about the Twins game tonight. And you keep it up, you can forget about tomorrow night's game as well!

;)

7. Armchair_QB

Yeast infection

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nurse took my blood pressure, says it's normal. I said "I should of come here when I was fighting with Moddy and A_F." she looked at me funny and muttered something about a colorectal exam.

Edit: Rosie, Zeke is right. He was just quoting Ralph Wiggum when he said he bent his wookie. The fact Zeke also calls his schlong a wookie is immaterial.

9. lono

lono Active Member

Nah, it's just puberty. He's having strange feelings and urges he doesn't quite understand yet.

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I know I'm being rather hard on Zeke today, but he has to learn sometime.

Don't tell him, but if he can really, really behave himself the rest of the afternoon, I'll let him watch the Twins game tonight.

And I say BYH just has a stomach ache.

11. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Is there anything worse than sitting next to someone coughing in a crowded waiting room.

Maybe even worse than hearing loud turding noises from a nearby stall while you're in a public rest room.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Stomach ache? You're not supposed to leave the ben-wa balls in there, silly goose.  ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted