1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blogging Courtside

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Blogging courtside is bullshit, IMHO
    I'm not big on blogs. To me, it's sometimes like you're reading talk/shock radio scripts.
    Course, everybody's got an opinion and what better place to hold court with yours than, .. courtside!

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Great blog. Great taste in tunes.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Blogging during the game, unless there's something really newsworthy to report, is awfully tough to do during a basketball game. Especially when you're taking play-by-play and even tougher when you're on a tight deadline.

And Trent is cool peeps. Used to deal with him back in the day when he was on the UC beat.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I hope you can type quickly during those 20-second and commercial timeouts.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

That actually seems pretty easy, at least for the first half. One at each media timeout, then the last one when one team or the other realizes it hasn't called a TO in the first half and will lose it if it doesn't.

As for the second half, just wait until there's a minute left. With the way CBS broadcasts the games, you'll have a dozen opportunities to choose from.

Draft saved Draft deleted