1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"bloggers"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 10, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Worst. Blogger. Ever.

2. Honestly, I don't care. I'm still upset that when people say "the media" they're lumping newspapers in with TV. Fix that and then we'll worry about bloggers.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Almost Famous has been mocked for his stance on this, but I think he's been 100 percent right... The Internet has been destroying the newspaper industry and is the primary reason why this business is in the shit state it's in...

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

With tremendous free assistance from ownership and management in the newspaper industry.

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

"Free?" They're the only ones making really big money, and they're the ones choking it off.

6. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Somewhat off topic, but blogger-cum-columnist (did i use that right?) Neil Best at Newsday LOVES blogging (what's not to love?*), and he thinks the San Jose Merc will be the first paper to go completely online.

http://thebiglead.com/?p=2877

*besides hate mail from lawyers trying to muscle a website around

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I think I understand your interpretation of my comment, but I stand by my main point. If you like, take "free" out of the sentence:

The Internet has been destroying the newspaper industry -- with tremendous assistance from ownership and management in the newspaper industry.

Draft saved Draft deleted