1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BLOG! hammers Miami Herald editors, newspapers in general after story pulled

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Wonderlic, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I was going to add that I was curious when PFT turned into a reputable site. I could honestly be wrong since I don't pay attention to the thing.

Good enough for Florio isn't good enough for us.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I hate seeing goddamned editors get in the way. Never has this business more needed an unedited Web entry to result in a multimillion-dollar lawsuit/settlement.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

You know, it's really not fair when you post examples obviously supporting your side of the debate we've been having.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Florio is a jackass. His "reports" from the SB cried of fanboi.

5. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

I don't know. I think he does some good work.

He sure did hang himself with that post, though.

6. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I find it funny the BLOG! wouldn't have had a post if wasn't for the newspaper in the first place.

7. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

The only times I've used a single, anonymous source was when that source was also the subject of the story, but didn't want to be on the record.

I can't imagine that anybody would have a problem with that, unless they thought that the guy had some reason to lie to me.

8. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

The fact that Salguero put Parcells' alleged statement in direct quotes was undoubtedly another red flag for the editors. Unless Armando got the info from Parcells (VERY UNLIKELY) or Huizenga, how would anyone know the exact wording?

Salguero probably got the info from an agent or a broadcaster or a friend of Wayne who heard it second- or third-hand.

9. If the subject is willing to be a source but wants to remain unnamed, then you have good reason to suspect that the person might be angling in some way.

Lying? Maybe not.

But using you to advance his or her own interests? Probably.

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

or that legal ESPN guy Lester Munson.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You are a legend.

Draft saved Draft deleted