1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blizzard to hit Kansas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

One town around here sells beer on Sunday (3.2).

People make a mad rush to the stores on Sat. nites.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

No beer or liquor sold in Indiana on Sundays, period, unless you're getting it by-the-drink in a restaurant or bar.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Here deep in the hearta' you can buy beer after noon on Sundays, but no liquor, which is fine with me because I'm a beer snob.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

You can sell warm beer, but not cold beer??? That's got to be the most ass-backwards idea I've ever heard.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Almost had to stay the night at the newsroom but luckily, was able to find a ride as my car never would have made it out.

Spent 2 1/2 hours shoveling our driveway today. 30 inch drift was the biggest in the driveway. Deepest snow I've ever seen.

6. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

As it was explained to me on that visit, it's to keep people from buying beer and drinking it right now, which I took to mean as discouraging one from cracking one of the cold ones open in the car.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

You can buy cold cereal malt beverages (3.2 beer) cold, even on Sundays.

Real beer is sold only in liquor stores (Open 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday). It's warm and selection is limited compared to other states.

Nothing's worse than a good beer gone skanky because it's gotten too hot in a non-refrigerated truck, warehouse or in the storage room at a liquor store.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That's what y'all get for teaching creationism in schools. :p

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Open container laws?

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

...don't work if ya don't obey them. I had to hitch a ride home one night from a basketball game on the road because my car broke down. The guy who gave me a lift opened a 24-ouncer halfway home.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Update; Most of the 12-inches is gone, as temps have been in the 50's for 3 days since the blizzard hit.

Pratt, Ks comes in with a mind-numbing 28 inches of snow.

Fuckabuncha 28 inches of snow.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Twelve inches? That's weak. Good to see Pratt represent the storm of the century.

Seriously, I can't ever remember a storm like that going through Kansas so late. Just bizarre. And unlike the northern states, Kansas is ill-equiped to clear roads when weather like that comes.

Draft saved Draft deleted