1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blizzard to hit Kansas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, Mar 26, 2009.

1. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I don't have anything to cover in SE Kansas this weekend because of it. The juco softball team was supposed to play doubleheaders Friday and Saturday against teams coming from SW Kansas. Got the text that those were canceled at about 1:30 Thursday afternoon, before it even began to rain here.

SEK is probably going to end up with rain all day Friday, then snow on Saturday and probably not that much. The predicted high on Sunday? 50.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

There's no such thing as global warming [/old tony]

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

to be fair, it's only snowing in the midwest and the snow ain't warm.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Once...on my birthday (which is around Thanksgiving), we were in a tornado warning and it snowed the next day. Then, this year, when I was home for Christmas, we had a hailstorm and it was 70 degrees and it was snowing the next morning.

Parental units live in Amarillo and every newscast, they've been upping the amount of snow. It went from 3-6 inches this morning to 10-15 by the 10 p.m. news.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

strangely, it has ticked up 7 degrees the last 2 hours. we have a chance of snow tomorrow, but it's 68 degrees at 3:31 am here.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

and just like that the cold front has hit. down 12 degrees in 30 minutes and windy as hell. i hope some snow sneaks down our way tomorrow.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Fucking yippee.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I've been there. It's Goodland without the charm.

Actually it's sort of Goodland without anything.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

It's Goodland without 95% of the population.

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Friggin storm. I'm currently sitting in a mom and pop motel in Texhoma along HWY 54. Been here since about midnight last night. Will probably be here until midday tomorrow at the earliest. Was on my way to "surprise" my grandparents for their 50th anniversary party tomorrow and actually left a day early hoping to avoid this crap. Things were rolling along fine until a slight rain suddenly turned into couldn't-see-the-road sideways slush/snow just west of guymon OK. And that was that. Surprise.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Welcome to Cowshitistan, Metsfan!

The National Guard has been helping rescue stranded motorists today.

Buy your beer on the Texas side of town. They sell 3.2 shit in Oklahoma.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that's some serious redneck logic. fucking oklahomans.

and you do know why the plates on cars in oklahoma read: oklahoma is OK, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted