1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blizzard to hit Kansas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, Mar 26, 2009.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Smells like Ft. Riley. My college roommate was stationed there one summer. He ran out of synonyms for shitty.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Apparently the Coast Guard's got a new enlistment regulation. First-time enlistees have to be at least six feet tall, apparently.

In case the boat sinks, they can walk back to the shore.

3. three_bags_full

Yeah, it's Riley. A huge division recently moved there (due to BRAC) from Germany. Tons of money being poured into the post. New housing, new grocery store and department store, gyms; all kinds of shit.

The unit I'd be going to just won a category of Army aviation's top award, too. So that wouldn't be a bad thing. Plus, I don't mind college towns. They do have shitty tailgating there, though.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Shoot, folks in Colorado are also getting nailed. Snow drifts of over a foot in many places around there. Absolute mess.

5. three_bags_full

Wow. I can't even imagine what 20-inches of snow would look like.

6. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Waist-deep on sportschick?

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Dead. To. Her.

8. three_bags_full

Damn. That's fucked up.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

If y'all need 20 inches measured, I have something we can do it with.

But we'll need to do it 10 times to get there.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If you're referring to the two inches chef cut off when he had a six pack of Coors and a razor, I don't want to hear it.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Got a foot here in downtown Denver. More in the foothills.

We had 18 inches of snow here this ENTIRE SEASON. Yes, season. Not month. Or year. SEASON.

Started at about 8. It's still snowing here. And this was NOT a blizzard. Just a nice accumulation.

I was in Boulder yesterday, and we were in shorts. People have been golfing all month. Today, we're socked in and places are closed up. Schools were canceled this morning with nothing on the ground or anything falling. People were grousing. By noon, 1 p.m., businesses were sending people home. I had to go to a friend's house to pick up their dog. Usually, a 15-minute round trip. Took me 90 minutes.

But should not be a surprise here, and it's not. March is the snowiest month in Denver. Classic upslope storm, and we needed it.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Parts of SW Kansas are expected to get more than a foot tomorrow with more to come Saturday morning.

Draft saved Draft deleted