1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blizzard, anyone?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JoelHammond, Mar 8, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

We're only about 18F under normal for today.

I blame this brutal winter on global warming.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Let's see, I bet you went to the Mandarin. A favourite of my boys.

A Chinese restaurant where there are no Chinese customers but boy, is the roast beef good. :)

Getting worse out there as we speak.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It's a bit on the cool side here. Only 69 for the high and it is windy, but I guess I'll deal with it.
    I actually was able to work on my tan a bit while covering soccer today.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Not just the Mandarin, my Mimico mate, Mandarin HQ! Nothing but the best for mom. (I go there for the spicy chicken.)

The snow has indeed picked up here.

5. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

I see That Guy has finally stopped by the thread.

Welcome, Guy!

http://dontbethatguy.com/

6. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

14 inches in the driveway. Winds this morning were in the 30 mph range. Got up at 6 to start feeding the web on road conditions, accidents, man on the street (all with shovels). Good times, though the sudden white out on the interstate was interesting.

Suppose to be in the 50s next week, Go figure.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I get a kick out of people who live in the north saying a snowy winter is proof theres nothing screwy going on. I have a friend in Ohio who used the same defense. I mean, c'mon. It's the first week of March. IT STILL SNOWS AT THIS TIME OF YEAR. Connecticut had its blizzard of the century in mid-March 1993. No one ran around saying it was proof global warming didn't exist.

We've gotten six inches of snow here in the suburbs of the Big Apple and I can count the number of times I've worn my winter coat on one hand and have fingers left over. So yeah. Something is screwy by my watch.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Damn, they make movies about me?
    Now I definitely want to be That Guy.

9. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Colton

Colton Active Member

Quite a week for weather here in Northeast Ohio... an ice storm, a blizzard. Yeah, pretty much the norm.

17 inches of the white stuff on the ground just outside the front door here at the office.

Draft saved Draft deleted