1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blizzard, anyone?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JoelHammond, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Looks like the Ohio high school girls championship games were postponed until Monday.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Good call. I wonder how many people will actually show up. I'm about two miles from the Q. I don't think it's worth it to unbury my car, though. I could trudge to the bus stop ...

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Man, my mom is in Cleveland this weekend. This shit is the last thing she needs to be dealing with on top of all the other not-so-fun crap.

4. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Damn, Headbutt, sorry to hear that. hopefully she's not fighting the travel. The Weather Channel has a guy here (not Cantore, thank God), whose footage showed a 4x4 plow stuck.

That's not a good sign.

5. TheSportsPredictor

Some jackass in a POS sedan just tried to go down the thoroughly unplowed alley right beside my place. He spent 20 minutes shoveling himself out.

6. rube

rube Active Member

I'm a Michigan kid who is currently displaced in Ky. We got like two inches, everyone freaked out and lost their minds. They almost postponed state bball tourney stuff -- and I think several scared natives took to their bomb shelters or something.
    It's amazing ... at home when I was in school, we'd need like six to eight solid inches overnight to even think about having school cancelled. Here, if there is a CHANCE of a flurry -- everything shuts down.
    Hilarious.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Toronto's gonna get around 20-30 cm--that's 9-11 inches for the metric challenged.

If we get 30, we'll have topped 200 cm --about 6 feet of snow so far this winter. That'd set an all-time record breaking the old mark set in 1970-71.

Last year we had 60 cm--barely 2 feet

Drove downtown this morning to get my FUCKING haircut and some guy in a big ass Buick slid out on the expressway bounced off the cement guardrail, bounced back across and missed me by about 2 feet.

8. TheSportsPredictor

Wow, if there's a thousand people at The Q for this game right now, I'd be shocked.

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

I don't want to hear any whining from anybody about snow unless they live here in Ottawa.

I have -- no exaggeration -- eight feet of snow in my front yard. Another six inches fell last night, and we're supposed to get two more feet today and tonight. There is nowhere to put it. I can barely fit my car in my driveway. It's just stupid.

Honestly, this winter, combined with the shitty U.S. dollar and the real estate crash down there, has had me seriously contemplating getting my green card and moving to Charleston.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I drove through this snowstorm last night to get home and man did it suck. For about 150 miles I was driving 30 mph on the highway. But yea, I agree with Jones. After being in Quebec, a foot of snow no longer impresses me.

11. rube

rube Active Member

Not our fault you live in Siberia.

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

Not coincidentally, see my thread about finding a new hometown on Anything Goes.

Draft saved Draft deleted