1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blizzard, anyone?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JoelHammond, Mar 8, 2008.

1. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Looks like Cleveland, and most of Ohio and surrounding parts, will have its first official blizzard in 15 years today, with three hours of 35+ mph winds.

About a foot already on the ground in my suburb, with more coming, it seems. 20" possible, they say.

How are the rest of you Midwesterners doing?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hey, I don't mind it too much -- I was supposed to work today, but my place is closed! And since it was my last day before vacation, even better.

The side street out front of my place is unplowed. I see tire tracks about four inches deep. My car looks like one of those chocolate/vanilla cakes; the top half is totally covered in several inches of snow.

Just saw on the news that 11.1 inches of snow will be on the ground downtown by tonite. Most areas will get more.

Cavs are supposed to be playing at 1 p.m. I hope the Pacers are already in town!

3. Get out and shovel, slackers!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

We got a dusting-to-quarter inch and they closed freeways because of icing...

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

We've got anywhere from 3 inches to a foot in Ky. Looking out my back window now and it's coming down pretty good.

Kind of sucked driving home at 40 mph last night.

6. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Fenian,
    I'm planning on an 11 AM rendezvous with the shovel. Give the neighbors a chance to wake up from the drunkenness that no doubt ensued from being trapped inside.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Yep, race weekend in Atlanta. Naturally, there are snow flurries.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Sure, if you're paying. Make mine with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and vanilla ice cream.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

We had a Blizzard last night.

[​IMG]

10. John

John Well-Known Member

About 60 with winds gusting around 40 mph here in Charleston, well, technically I'm in North Charleston this weekend.

It was supposed to snow some today at home and I can't say I'm sorry to be missing it.

11. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Best part of the foot of snow I've received? I got a full cupboard, movies, the Cavs at 1p.m. (hopefully) and the best part... the old lady is in North Carolina this weekend... so the entire place is to myself!

Sure, I miss her, but it's 11:30 a.m. and I don't see a shave or shower in my near future. :)

12. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

On the other hand, DPDH, if she was there, there could be endless possibilities, since, y'know, there ain't nothing else to do.

I'm thinking about heading to the Cavs game, buying a $10 seat and moving down to courtside. No one's going to be there!

I shoveled out about 10 AM, and it's completely buried again. Shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted