1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blink 182's new album "Neighborhoods" released today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Stephens, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Not amazing, but not bad. Liked it a lot more than the self-titled album back in 2003. Had a lot of stuff that seemed classic-Blink inspired, along with some +44 and AVA sounds (which, realistically, it should). First album release by these guys since I was a sophomore in high school. Definitely took me back.

Any other Blink fans around?

2. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Didn't realize they were still putting out music. Enema of the State rules.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I took my little brother to a Blink 182 concert when I was in college. My mom was kind of pissed when he came home with a "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket" t-shirt.

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

That's one of the best things I've heard in a while. Two years ago when they came yo Denver, I bought two tickets early in the summer for the September show. I was pretty ticked when the Colorado vs. Colorado State game was moved to the same date. Hope I eventually get to see them live. Angels and Airwaves put on a good show.

Saluki, they got back together after Travis' plane crash. But be warned, this album really sounds nothing like Enema or TOYPAJ, despite some inspired songs.

5. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Enema of the State was very solid. Travis Barker is currently one of the best drummers alive, no doubt.

Draft saved Draft deleted