1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

#blindingnemo: The 2013 blizzard

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Man, that intersection hasn't changed in 15 years. Used to bartend at Madison's.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Cantore is in Boston.

Nuff said.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I covered a Super Bowl in Atlanta where there was an ice storm, but people just bitched and moaned all fucking week and it was just like, "shut the fuck up already..." Obviously, the game was played inside, but you would have thought these people were left to die on Donner Pass with the way they were complaining...

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

At least Cantore isn't at the Rt. 128 rest stop about a mile from my house where the Weather Channel has set up to do remotes for more than one previous winter storm. He's in Boston because coastal flooding of the Atlantic Ocean in winter is extremely good TV.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Operation at work closed today for all the afternoon shift people, morning shift had to work a full day.

6. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

I thought the roads in Mass closed everyday at 4?

7. Michael_ Gee

My daughter works at Lexington's biggest and fanciest (high-end wines) liquor store. She just got back from work as the store closed at 3:30. They did $20,000 worth of business yesterday, about 250 percent of a normal Thursday take, and had 350 customers today from noon until closing. I'd say my home town is READY for this blizzard!

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

God that's awesome. That would be highest on my priority list too. I would probably even deem it a special occasion and look for that $150 bottle I'd never buy otherwise.

9. Michael_ Gee

True customer relations story: Customer comes into store and says to my daughter "I don't really drink hard liquor, but I think for this I have to drink whiskey. What do you recommend?
    She sold him a fifth of Maker's Mark.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Mike, you're overlooking the most important question here. Did she bring anything home?

11. Michael_ Gee

Oh, heavens yes. Two bottles of champagne and a case of beer, which is in addition to the half case of wine I bought yesterday.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I have just come in from shoveling the driveway for a second time (Huggy Jr. is across the street helping the neighbours with theirs) and am about to enjoy one (or two) of these on this snowy night in the Toronto 'burbs:

[​IMG]

From what I have seen we have had at least a foot of snow here. Good luck to those in the path....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted