1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bleepin bloggers...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rosie, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

This is a cross between bleepin' bloggers and those who comment on the paper's Web sites.

I checked our unapproved comments this morning and someone had posted a blog site where people can go comment on our paper and stories "freely." For whatever reason, there's a little clique convinced that we sensor comments (we don't - approximately 99 percent are approved) and that we're not reporting on what's really happening in our area. (This is where a rant about budget cuts would be appropriate, but why bother, they wouldn't listen anyways. Like every other paper out there right now, we're doing the best we can with what we have.)

They want to do that, whatever. I really don't care. I've been in this business a long time and I have a thick skin, let 'em say what they want.

But what DID tick me off when I checked out the site was a couple stories from our paper were posted on the blog site. I'll bring this up when I get to work, any ideas to nip this in the bud as far as reposting our stories?

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

They're posting the whole story, not linking to it?

Got a lawyer who can send a letter?

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

It was a couple letters to the editor and one of my stories - in their entirety. No links.

Definitely the first thing I'm letting the higher-ups know when I get to the office.

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Those folks better watch it. Rosie'll ground 'em.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I was furious when I saw it, that's for darned sure.

By the time I got to the office, it had already been seen, discussed and a letter will be sent. I didn't have to do a thing. :)

Now, we'll see what happens.

Draft saved Draft deleted