1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bleep you, ESPN Classic.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

It was a bad call. And I'm FAR from being a Miami fan.

2. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

THE BOARD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN FOR LESS THAN THIS! :eek:

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I thought it was interference at the time.

Took a long fucking time to throw the flag, though. No one was going to be happy at that point.

5. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Exactly my thoughts on reading this. There's a 1001 excellent reasons to bash ESPN classic and the way they've ruined what was once an outstanding concept. But this is one of the whinier more-self serving versions I've heard.

6. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Oh, Jesus Christ, not this shit again. Once again, it shouldn't have gotten to that point anyway.

Fine, it was pass interference, but the play was a fuck of a lot closer than the one late in the fourth when Gamble was jobbed on third down.

He was ruled OB on a catch when a) he caught it and b) he was interfered with. Either way, Bucks get a new set of downs and they run out the clock to win by 3. Instead Sievers sends it to OT.

Porter's call was borderline ... the play above (my text, not Hockey's photo) was not.

Go Bucks forever!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Ohio State physically beat the everlasting shit out of Miami in that game.

They deserved to win.

8. chazp

chazp Active Member

My thoughts exactly.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Excellent point. ESPN Classic used to be a great channel to watch, but anymore is terrible. If you want to rip ESPN Classic, rip it for not showing more games, not for actually showing one. I hate both the schools involved in said game, but I would rather watch it than another episode of classic World Series of Poker.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

... or hockey.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's ESPN. What does it hurt them to air Game 7, Oilers-Flyers? Or the Yzerman double-ot winner game against St. Louis? Or a hundred other games? They have the footage at their disposal, yet they're content to air WSOP and Weight Lifting.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I don't mind hockey games at all, I just mind World Series of Poker or the hot-dog eating bullshit.

Draft saved Draft deleted