1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bleeding money at American Airlines

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by trifectarich, May 21, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

First of all, there's no way in hell they'll increase staff at the ticket counters to speed up the process. You'll just have to wait longer and show up at the airport earlier to allow for the delays.

If they're going to do this then the polesmokers at AA need to raise the weight limit back to 70 pounds. Fucking assholes.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Excellent.

I virtually never check, which, believe me, is win-win. Overworked, distracted operatives don't lose my bags, I don't stand around shifting weight from one foot to the other at the carousels -- and by doing so, I reduce the number of baggage handlers the airlines require. Do the airlines want to discourage people from checking bags? Wouldn't you, in their shoes?

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You made the point better than I did. If I'd already bought the tickets, you damn well better believe I'm holding AA to those conditions. Even if it is only $15.

4. Armchair_QB

It's $30 actually. $15 each way.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's easier to carry on when you're a man. What do you need, three pairs of pants, three shirts, one pair of shoes?

I need a pair of shoes for each day, each outfit generally has at least three pieces, plus shampoo, conditioner, hair product, flat iron, curling iron, bag of makeup, purses, etc.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Is there any "business model" in existence that accounted for a 120% rise in the price of oil?

7. Armchair_QB

I carried on until they came up with the bullshit liquids policy. Not worth the hassle at security. Plus, usually when I travel now I'm going somewhere for 3-4 days at a time. I don't like cramming all that stuff into one bag and I'm sure as shit not putting my laptop bag under the seat in front of me. They're fucking us enough as it is on legroom.

8. Armchair_QB

These assholes were bleeding money BEFORE oil prices went up and the flights were full then too. Fuck these idiots.

9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

No deoderant, no shaving equipment, no eye-care products, no underwear either.
    (Sorry, it was a wide-open layup.)

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sexist much?

I need all of those things too, plus my various body powders and all of my bath gels. And with the face I have, my makeup bag includes industrial equipment.

Wait, am I typing aloud? Oh shit to end all shits ... abort post, abort post.

Too late! :D

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You must know different men then I do. Deodorant is optional, days without shaving is a godsend, and I don't know any straight men (not to assume, Ben!) who use eye products.

12. Armchair_QB

Contact lens solution doesn't count?

Draft saved Draft deleted