1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bleacher Report hiring for sports content distributor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by blog415, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blog415

blog415 Member

Thanks for looking at my blog and my profile. Thanks for the hits! Today I got 6995 hits. How many hits did u get? Oh u won't even tell us your real name. How come the blogger is on Facebook and has so many friends and a popular blog and a catchy nickname and u won't even reveal who u are? Thanks again for the hits I love it.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Your name is actually D Wizzle? Huh. Learn something new every day.

3. blog415

blog415 Member

People on here need to stop bashing others like me who try to work hard for a living and yes I need hits and traffic to make a living, I don't have a cush job like most on here who work for a daily paper. I got to fight for every hit I can get to pay my rent. Don't bash me when I'm just trying to do what all yall trying to do. This was never about me, it ws about a jobs post and wondering if the 1200 was good for BR pay for the job but some of yall kept on trying to hate on me. I feel like the black Jason Whitelock!

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

D Wizzle, the 6,995-hit wonder.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

A short search on this site will turn up something. I outed myself a few months ago.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This is getting perilously close to JDV territory.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The BR posters usually have run that lasts a few days, maybe a week, then finally get a bit of sense knocked into them.

Who is the greatest BR star ever to post on SPJ?

8. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

You sir should be proud. You have garnered many hits to a blog that as far as I can tell has produced no real content in the last two weeks. Perhaps you truly are a source for random Bay Area-related sports videos that you do not produce. I doubt it, but congrats anyway. (I am interested how a blogspot site without ads makes money, however)

As for the people here being jealous, since it takes about five minutes to join wouldn't these "jealous" people just join, and start producing low-quality content for free?

To answer your question, "What is the difference between BR and SBnation.com?" Well, the latter seems to be good at finding talent. It's not perfect but many of the sites produce interesting readable content on a constant basis. BR is less organized, more driven to garnering hits and lower quality in most senses.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

"You only write about me when I call you names."

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I actually checked your blog. You know the blogspot one where you just link YouTube clips all day. It said you had about 1800 hits since the blog was created in the summer of 2007.

And 6995 hits in one day? Congratulations. That's good enough to be about the 12th most read news story at the old local paper I used to work for. I'm betting a lot of posters here are getting 250,000-500,000 on some stories they are writing these days. (Maybe more depending on the topic or market).

Of course, that is if your 7,000 web hits are accurate. Again, I saw 1800 and change for nearly four years of YouTube videos. I wish I would have taken a screen grab when I checked your site last night. Blogger is blocked at work and I'll be here until five.

11. WFL nerd

WFL nerd Guest

Upon reading the musings of blog415 I realize the terrorists have already won.

12. blog415

blog415 Member

Some anonemyous guy asked why I don't have original content on my blog and I actually do have some if they had really checked my blog. And yes, I do have lots of videos but I get paid by hits, so I realized the best way to get hits and traffic is to post interesting daily videos. It's much easier to embed video than write an article and u don't have to work as much.

Stop bashing me folks, I don't like it. ANd if Rob Neyer joined Bleacher Report, u guys would not bash him I'm sure. And if BR paid u good money to work for them, u wuld not bash them either

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.