1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bleacher Report co-founder responds to Leitch

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Read this a few days ago and considered posting it, but figured it would just turn into another flame war.

The line about "We don't need reporting in the era of Twitter" is oh so perfectly Bleacher Report. The remoras, they're all grows up! They don't need the hosts anymore, as long as the hosts keep doing the majority work of course.

LeBron James went dark on his Twitter account for nearly four months last year, btw. Started tweeting again after he won his title. Surly the remoras must have gotten their info from somewhere in that time, right?

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Bubbler's Top 20 responses to that article.

20. Fuck you
    19. Fuck you
    18. Fuck you
    17. Fuck you
    16. Fuck you
    15. Fuck you

(Pop-up screen: WEB'S BEST FUCK YOU TOP 20 LISTS! IT'S FREE! ... Click No Thanks)

Next >>>

14. Fuck you
    13. Fuck you
    12. Fuck you

11. [​IMG]

10. Fuck you
    9. Fuck you
    8. Fuck you
    7. Kobe Bryant
    6. Fuck you
    5. Fuck you
    4. Fuck you
    3. Fuck you
    2. Tom Brady
    1. Fuck you

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what his points were. I stopped reading after efficacy.

4. Regarding Twitter...

http://www.pewresearch.org/2013/03/04/twitter-reaction-to-events-often-at-odds-with-overall-public-opinion/

5. nate41

nate41 Member

In the comments section, he calls all interviews with a player or coach "useless." Yes, a lot are, but you can get insightful stuff by asking the right questions and talking to a variety of different people. It's called doing your job.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Interviews are indeed useless to his goal of generating as much revenue as possible for himself and paying out as little of it as possible to anybody else.

7. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I keep trying to get through the Leitch article so I could read Bleacher Report Guy's take. Haven't yet, since it reads like a lot of discussions here and isn't really full of fresh idea.

Can't get angry anymore about Bleacher Report. I don't care to read it, and I try to do my part to inform others of its lack of quality. But the market has unfortunately spoken.

In the wake of this post, I had to double check the definition of "remora" to make sure I had it right, and I actually enjoyed a nice chuckle at the irony.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Don't quite know what you're getting at, Chief. I fear Irony Police may have you in his cross-hairs.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He has to get his nightstick out of my ass first

10. Irony Police

Irony Police New Member

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So where's the irony?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe that's Metaphor Police in disguise?

Draft saved Draft deleted