1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bleacher Report Changes

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Schottey, Aug 4, 2010.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Face a mirror and say his name five times. You might find out.

2. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

I was convinced from the thread title that ole Andy was the new editor at B/R.

Maybe he's worked his way up to a featured columnist role

3. whew! those are some tough standards. I hope BR finds enough qualified people to work for the site.

What will journalism do without all those lists

4. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

Hold on. So you get read, but don't get paid. This is brilliant. The worst thing is I have to deal with bleacher report stories that are off the reservation because some yahoo reads it online.

If you are not going to pay the writer a professional agreed upon wage then the site loses credibility. I find the examiner and bleacher report websites on college football teams to be salacious.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hey, if he won't defend the journalistic integrity of SoonersRules or BearSaban who will?

6. BobSacamano

BobSacamano Member

The reads work like theoretical dollars. You know, the same ones that were given to Tay Zonday in South Park...

7. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

By the way, that has to be one of the worst written press releases I've ever seen from a news organization.

8. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

They didn't pay anyone to write it.

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Some yokel BR reporter ripped quotes from a friend's exclusive story today, no attribution, no source, nothing. Classic stuff. I saw one of their execs speak at a panel, what a joke.

10. NBrom

NBrom New Member

this thread prompted me to go look at BR and as I'm reading an article that's got numerous spelling/grammar mistakes, I click the writer's bio to find an email address where one could email to request an interview with the guy

and there's this. I swear I am not making this up:

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Editors? Sounds like the joke's on him ...

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You thought that was funny. This came from the same bio. His phone is ringing off the hook.

Draft saved Draft deleted