1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blazing Saddles?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mooninite, Apr 14, 2007.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

And I will bow to your much better choice -- shoulda thought about it a little longer.

Him doing the "pawn" line in the Dauber voice would be classic.

Also, after thinking about this for awhile, I am certain that if I was able to convince the movie gods not to allow a remake of "Saddles," I would definitely do so. Doesn't mean we can't have a little fun speculating which current actors would be good for the movie's role, though.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I was just thinking that The Rock would be great in that role, but he's too much of a pretty-boy to be a Mongo. Maybe Paul "The Big Show" Wight? The dude is definitely big enough & has a deep voice, plus he has a sense of humor. Oh yeah, he could probably knock out a horse with one punch for real.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Try Rosie as Mongo and I think you've got a hit on your hands. Hey, why not? She's already played Betty Rubble - do you honestly think her portrayal of Mongo would be any more unbelievable?

Also, Martin Sheen as GOV Le Petomane. A perfect follow-up to President Bartlett. It makes as much sense as casting John Wayne to play Taggart, which is exactly what Mel Brooks had in mind (The Duke said he couldn't do it because the film was too filthy for him to be in it, but he vowed to be first in line to watch it).

Both Emilio (Loaded Weapon) and Charlie (Hot Shots and Scary Movie franchises) long ago tried their hands at parody films, why not the old man too? It's worked for Peter Graves, Lloyd Bridges, Robert Stack, Leslie Nielsen and George Kennedy.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I must confess that Hot Shots is one of my favorite movies.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

[cricketschirping]

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I was just thinking, the most controversial part of the movie, if it were remade faithfully, would be the Tim Hardaway-esque lines delivered by the Dom DeLuise replacement when he's directing the big dance revue.

"It sounds like steam escaping."

7. Damn, I didn't know about that John Wayne thing. What a lost opportunity. Would have been funnier than his role as The Centurion in that Jesus movie.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'd rather see Rosie as play the horse that Mongo slugs.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Lloyd Bridges is hilarious in Hot Shots.

"I don't have a clue. Not a fuckin' clue."

10. Kamaki

Kamaki Member

Hey man, they said you was hung.

And they was right!

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it one of my favorites, but I thought it was pretty funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted