1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blast from the Past

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Jun 27, 2006.

1. [​IMG]

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Just got done watching "Fat." The audio and video weren't quite in sync, and making fun of Michael Jackson just doesn't have the same magic it once did. But still a damn fine parody video.

Somehow I had forgotten about the shoulder roll in the middle and the round-off cartwheel at the end.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

total threadjack here, but I went to see Click the other day, and Christopher Walken plays almost the exact same character: Mad genius holed away in a bunker where very strange stuff happens. The dynamic is different, but it's impossible to miss the similarities.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Saw this link on CollegeHumor.com (shaddup). Brings back some memories, but geez, there are so many videos that are missing!

They have a star, and the video is like, the worst or most obscure song they produced!

I have gone back several times, though, for old-time favs "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," "Video Killed the Radio Star," "Sledgehammer" and "What About Me"

Where's Pink Floyd's "The Final Cut," Plant P's "Why Me?," Madness' "Our House," The Go-Go's "Our Lips Are Sealed," Berlin's "The Metro" and Bryan Adams' "Cuts Like A Knife"?

The latter two have two of the hottest women in video (Terri Nunn of Berlin and the chick in the Brian Adams video).

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Nag, nag, nag. I'd post a Clint Eastwood pic, but I don't feel like hunting it down.

Thanks for pointing out "What About Me," though.

6. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

Or a smokin' hot Helena Christensen in Wicked Game?

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Props to the Wicked Game chick. She almost doesn't look real she's so hot.

Don't recall the Whitesnake video, but the girl in "Cuts Like A Knife" might be the hottest girl I've ever seen on screen.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Everyone talks about what a great video a-ha had for Take on Me, but Don't Answer Me by the Alan Parsons Project may be the most unique video done in the 80's. Great stuff.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Although Tawny Kitaen was hot, and although this is actually from 1990 rather than the '80s, the girl in Billy Idol's "Cradle of Love" video was way hotter.

I don't remember the "Cuts Like A Knife" video.

10. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

Sadly, when I saw this thread, part of me wondered if it would be a discussion of that Brendan Fraser movie.

11. This is the best site. I had so much fun looking through it. Big props to Flash for finding it and posting the link.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

You are correct, sir.

Draft saved Draft deleted