1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blake Griffin is not of this world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 23, 2011.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Sweet.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Very possible. I'm really enjoying that Durant plays in such a small market. That OKC team is really likable and fun to watch, kind of like the way the Kings were when they had Bibby and Webber.

3. WSKY

WSKY Member

Dude is good, but they need a few others around him. I think in a few years this team is going to be awesome

4. Mizzougrad96

What could go wrong? The owner couldn't possibly screw this up. :D

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Have you not been reading the thread? I think the point folks have been making is that he, in fact, does have others around him. Eric Gordon is probably now the best "young" shooting guard in the league (especially with Roy's misfortunes), he's played at an all star level this year, and continues to rapidly improve. And Bledsoe may be the biggest surprise in this year's rookie class.

Having a trio that young with that kind of promise is damn rare, they shouldn't need a whole lot more if those three continue to progress as expected. But, then again, it's the Clips, we've heard that story before...

6. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

At least they have a coach who isn't absolutely terrible. Del Negro has serious limitations but he managed to limp a couple of truly mediocre Bulls teams into the (Eastern Conference, granted) playoffs and seems to have some success working with young players. I don't know if he had anything to do directly with Noah becoming such a beast, but he certainly didn't get in the way like some coaches would have. And with talents like Gordon and Griffin, that may be all you need to compete.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Only difference is there is nothing at all likable about Chris Webber.

8. Mizzougrad96

As a person? I agree 100 percent. But that team was damn fun to watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted