1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blake Griffin is not of this world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 23, 2011.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Good catch.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Blake named team's all-time greatest player in a Clippers fans' poll...

[/insert joke about getting 4 votes; insert second joke about winning Special Olympics race...]

3. Crash

Crash Active Member

With Griffin, Gordon and Bledsoe, the Clips definitely have something to build on.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

That's the truth. It's a bit of a mystery to me how the Clips still have that shitty record with two young stars playing as well as Gordon and Griffin have this year. And Bledsoe has been better than anyone anticipated.

If it wasn't the Clips, folks would be talking about how bright that franchise's future looks right now. But, because it's the clips, we all expect something to ruin it.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ernie DiGregorio

6. Crash

Crash Active Member

You're right. Everyone disses the Clippers, and for good reason. But in Griffin, you have a guy that could be a franchise cornerstone for years to come as long as he's healthy. Gordon is a damn good player who's languished in obscurity because of where he plays and who he's played with. And even though I watched Bledsoe closely in college, I didn't think he'd be this stellar this early. He wasn't supposed to be a one-and-done guy but blossomed early at Kentucky, even if he was often overlooked on that team. He has legitimate playmaking ability and isn't a selfish player. He's almost the perfect player to put around guys like Griffin and Gordon because he'll feed them while making plays when he gets the chance. And he's only 19, so he's got a lot to learn and some time before he truly blossoms.

The Clips sucked hard for the first two months of the season, but the last three weeks, they've been about as good as any other team, especially given their youth and their liabilities. If those three guys stay healthy and LA puts a couple pieces around them, they could be tough in the next few years.

7. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I'm still completely shocked that Baron Davis has bought into it all, what with Blake taking over as the marquis player, Gordon settling very nicely into his role and Baron...shit, I figured BD would've requested a trade by now.

And while obviously, the jury's out on Coach Vinny, surely he's a bit of an upgrade than Dunleavin'.

8. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Those Sonics teams are what made me a basketball fan and player.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Gordon out for weeks with wrist injury.

So long, playoffs.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/01/clippers-eric-gordon-to-miss-three-to-four-weeks-with-wrist-injury.html

10. mb

mb Active Member

Pretty much the second the Clippers get interesting, something happens to wreck it. Later, rinse and repeat.

11. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Enjoy it while you can. I totally expect Griffin to be a Laker in a few years.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think Westbrook and Durant have something to say about that.

But, man, is the NBA just fucking loaded. Conversely, college hoops has a bunch of great defenders outside of a short white kid at BYU.

Draft saved Draft deleted