1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blake Griffin is not of this world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 23, 2011.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/01/23/blake-griffin-reverse-alley-oop-dunk-is/

We're not worthy ....

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

...we don't deserve this as NBA fans. What an unbelievable play.

3. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

His body control for his size is incredible. He's a big man that doesn't look like a big man in his movements. Plenty of big, strong posts have been able to jump and run quite well, but few have looked as effortless and natural doing it as Griffin.

When I see a big man this athletic, I just hope he doesn't get a career-altering injury, because the way he is seems too good to be true.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's amazing how forgotten it seemed like he was after missing all of last season. It's good to see someone come back from an injury and still be the player they were before. I just assumed it was the Clippers dumb luck. It will be interesting to see if Griffin gets the attention he deserves playing for the Clippers.

Between him and Durant, I'm just glad there are two players worth watching that aren't playing for the Lakers or in Miami.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Was watching that game live and woke up my wife with a "holy shit". As SoCal stated his agility and body control for a big man is amazing. Once he develops a consistent jump shot (it has improved since game one) he will be even more unstoppable.

Gordon is playing lights out. His summer experience has boosted his confidence and his game to all-star levels.

Clips are fun to watch.

6. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Mizzou you are right about him seeming so forgotten after last season. I think it was because it was the Clips. This wasn't the Blazers and Oden, where everyone kept notice of the situation. This was the Clips, and his injury was just another plague of locusts on already barren ground, and fairly or not, maybe people just assumed he wouldn't succeed because of the team that chose him.

I think -- and maybe my perception is off -- people in general tend to get more excited when the Clippers do anything worthwhile than they would for another random team, just because they're the ultimate underdog.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying watch my neighborhood's junior team this year, but it's the Clips so really we're all just waiting for Blake to have a catastrophic injury soon. Most likely, during the NBA All-Star Game dunk competition.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

So they have an out-of-this-world player in Griffin and a "lights out" player in Gordon playing at an all-star level . . .

. . . and they're still 17-26 playing in a division where 4 of the 5 teams are below .500.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

IN all fairness, it took a couple of months for this new team to gel -- during which they had a 10-game and a 9-game losing streak.

They're 12-5 over the past month. The Fight on Fig for the Western Conference Finals is a few months away.

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Their defense is mediocre at best and they can't stop turning the ball over

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Have you watched the Clips in the last month or just look at the standings? The team has two very young core players to build upon.

If you don't think Griffin and Gordon are on the verge of greatness, you need to stop watching the game.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

They can't be because as Brian Griffin explains American players are selfish and unskilled products of AAU scoundrels and destined to always be inferior to the 7-foot European stiffs who can't rebound but can hit 3's

Draft saved Draft deleted