1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blackwater guards offered immunity

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by suburbia, Oct 30, 2007.

1. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

http://rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_topstories/~3/177133260/index.html

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Not true.

3. WTF is this sourcing?

"The senior State Department official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of a lack of authorization to speak on the matter, said the department's Diplomatic Security branch does not have the right or ability to offer any kind of immunity and did not do anything that would inhibit prosecutors if charges are to be pursued."

So an anonymous someone who isn;t authorized to speak on the matter does so anyway and in such a way as to bail out his bosses from a PR debacle?
    Again, as in all things, I'm convinced of the good faith of this administration and its anonymous water-carriers.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

I don't think they are going to be able to hide that one.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Um, this is the lede.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- No immunity deal was offered to Blackwater USA guards for their statements regarding a shootout in Iraq last month that left 17 Iraqi civilians dead, a senior State Department official told CNN Tuesday.

6. And what I quoted was graf two, in which the official was described.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Guess somebody needs to change the title of this thread.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe someone thought it applied to the cold and flu season

Draft saved Draft deleted