1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blacks banned from Beijing bars during Olympics

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 18, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I laughed so hard people are staring at me in the pressbox.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I assume that is what Petty is talking about.

NoOneLikesUs, brought up something similar on the thread about the Olympians that raised their fists - and I agree, it would be nice to see something like that happen again. Except, unlike NOLU, I don't want to see Chinese athletes do this, unless they are single and their entire family is dead.

I can't see the Chinese government being very fond of an athlete acting out against them, especially toward their family.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I can't wait for the Great Fredo's public pronouncement on this fascinating topic.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'm more interested in Keith Olbermans's great pronouncement. Let's see if Keith names the Chinese Govt the worst person of the week.

5. urgrad2004

urgrad2004 Member

One of my buddies visited China last year and said people over there use the "N word" in place of saying um....not making this up.

He was in a laundromat and said some Chinese guy uttered the N word six times in a span of thirty seconds.

Maybe thats why the Asian cashier gets shot in Menace to Society.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Keith works for NBC. No. Fucking. Chance.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Umm ... what!?!

So, like, instead of, like, talking this way, your friend claims they were, (N word), talking in this, (N word), manner?

I'll have to consult with our resident Chinese expert/blue-nose Rangers fan before I believe that.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I greatly enjoyed that.

9. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I wonder if southern China is worse than northern China [ducking].
    Yeah, this is seriously screwed, if true. Hopefully it will go like 1936 ... our black Americans beating the living crap out of them. RIP Jesse Owens.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe the guy was singing a rap song. The younger chinese are into USA pop culture.

11. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

More importantly, let's see if the TV networks, esp. NBC, have the balls to call out the Chinese on this crap.

12. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Our black athletes may have kicked the living crap out of them, but Hitler still got his stage and FDR still turned a blind eye the bastard for another 5 1/2 years.

And Jimmy Carter's brave, bold boycott of the 1980 games sure taught the Soviets a lesson, didn't it....

Draft saved Draft deleted