1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blacks banned from Beijing bars during Olympics

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Uhhh....**clears throat** Speaking for the Nigerian contingent, Nigerians are all over Southeast Asia running prostitution rings, and it's pretty well known over there. I'm not sure if that plays a role towards it, but it's definitely known.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

This can't possibly be true, can it? On the off chance it is, I almost think a boycott is a good idea.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Could this be Carlin's famed "Mongolian cluster-fuck"?

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It's funny, BYH, that you mentioned Carter. I would like to see Carter or anyone try explaining that again to the Olympians who missed out in '80. Carter may have had the courage, but those Olympians are still unhappy.

As far as the boycott is concerned, if any of those establishment follow through with that order, why even bother heading to those places. After all, shit, our Olympians are only going to be there for at least 3 weeks. With the exception of USA basketball, everyone else will in the Olympic Village.

I could care less about what those bastards do. It's not even a priority story, because we know how they roll in Bejing.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Oh, this is probably just the tip of the iceberg. The Chinese gov't is going to roll out more of these decrees as we get closer to The Games because they know there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

again, what did you expect?

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Oh I expected it.

I think this may make for good television. Let's see if any of these athletes have the balls to stand up for something more than themselves.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

had that discussion yesterday at work. standing up is not worth having your family killed, it just isn't.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I'm more interested if the media there will have the balls to report it with the threat of oppression.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'm sure that Keith Olberman will bring any oppression to the forefront during his anchor duties for NBC. Olberman has always been a strong human rights advocate.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You're talking about the Chinese athletes, not the US ones right?

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

This is f-ed up. And people think the US is still behind on racial relations. My God. Let's move the Olympics to California right now!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted