1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blackest Night

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Jul 17, 2009.

1. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

I know the death you're talking about, and I don't normally believe someone died until the next issue.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good point. I'm ticked enough that I refuse to read the current one. Just sounds very dead.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So did I, about 6 years ago.

4. outofplace

[​IMG]

He doesn't look pleased.

5. outofplace

I'll give this storyline credit for some seriously creepy images.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

All of the ripped-out hearts also make the stomach turn a little. The random shots, during some of the "undead villains running wild in the streets" scenes, of corpses with holes in their chests are unpleasant to say the least.

7. outofplace

Fair point. I guess I am just so used to over-the-top violence in DC events that it doesn't phase me any more. Hell, just the way Black Adam has killed some opponents over the years alone is enough to turn a sensitive stomach. Punched one hero through the chest (some girl. No idea who). Tore a villain in two, spraying the crowd around him with blood outside of his country's U.S. Embassy. Pushed his fingers through Psycho-Pirate's eyeballs, punching out the back of the head. Just nasty stuff.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Shoot, some of the Black Lanterns have done all of that and more in three or four panels.

9. outofplace

True. I just noticed it more with the stuff I mentioned. I have always been more of a Marvel guy, so that stuff was around when I started regularly reading some DC books.

10. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Holy crap, if that's not a cliff hanger at the end of issue No. 5, then I don't know what is.

Also DC, if you're going to put out Green Lantern and Blackest Night on the same day, please let me know which comes first before I open one of them.

11. outofplace

Especially for those of us who are not regular GL readers, because we are definitely going to read the mini first, thus putting things in the wrong order. The issue of Blackest Night is easy enough to understand if you haven't read the issue of GL yet, but it kinda ruins any suspense in the latter if you do it out of order.

I had been disappointed with the event the couple of months, but this issue certainly made up for it. I had been waiting for them to deal with the issue of characters coming back to life in the past. I'm not sure if I like it or not, given the varied descriptions of how the characters involved had come back, but within the story it is outstanding.

Draft saved Draft deleted