1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

blackberry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HoopsMcCann, Jul 3, 2006.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

Treo kicks BB's ass.
    Better screen, better media capabilities, overall better phone.
    I've had 1 for 14 months and would never get a BB.
    Check out www.treocentral.com and click on discussion.

2. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

What Bat mentions is the main reason I've also considered getting a Blackberry. My main question is one of value. I've thought about getting a refurbished Blackberry (I'm a Cingular customer). I know you have to get a data plan on top of the usual plan. For those who've made the move, is it worth it money-wise?

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

To me, filing from a Blackberry would be like having sex in the back of Mini Cooper. Is it possible? yes, but you better be quick or you could wind up with some serious cramps.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's not that bad, really. The first time I used it to file, it took me about 40 minutes to finish a 15-inch girls' basketball gamer and boxscore. I've trimmed a lot of that time off once I got accustomed to it.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you add in the bluetooth headset, your pretentious dickbag factor will shoot off the charts.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i have a bluetooth headset for my phone right now and must admit i love the thing. i know it's a dickhead device, but it's great. it really helps for interviewing folks

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

the Bluetooth is quickly becoming a necessity. With a Razr, I simply can't hold it against my shoulder any more (too thin) and most states are now moving to an 'illegal to talk on a cell phone without a handsfree device.'

But people who use the Bluetooth while walking through the grocery store? Douchebags.

Draft saved Draft deleted