1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blackberry? Palm Pre Plus? Help!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dr. Howard, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In NYC area calls on I phone get dropped left and right and their are area where it can be tough to get signal.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Oh, i am so going to remember this the next 2000 times you say, 'I'm in that area where we're about to get cut off...'

Totally loyal to BlackBerry, but when my last Pearl (ATT) finally gave out, I was distraught to discover they were no longer being sold. Tried the Bold and the Curve, with the big keyboard...HATED the typing. I can type like lightning on the little Pearl, can't type at all on the full keyboard. The new touchpad thingy is great, though, and the internet and graphics are far superior.

Finally searched the entire planet and found the last remaining Pearl in existence. Hate that trackball, but will deal with it in exchange for the great typing capability.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

We had ATT when we moved several years ago.

The house we moved into was a dead zone.

Other neighbors had the same problem.

Never used our cells when we looked at the house, so who knew?

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I had two strangers on a train to a side-by-side comparison of the iPhone and Pre, and the Pre won. I will say, though, if you're all about apps, the iPhone is better... but to me, so many of the apps are just gimmicks. Google is my app. I'd rather have internet speed.

I was a tried-and-true Verizon girl and never thought anybody could change me. Then I had to make a decision and went with the Pre and Sprint (4G). I have NO PROBLEM with dropped calls in NYC or anywhere, really. I can't believe I was so against Sprint. Why??

Now of course, Verizon carries the Pre anyway.

Mr. Lugs has a Blackberry (I think it's the Bold) with AT&T. He gets dropped calls all the time and is now saying he wants a new phone.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

My Droid Incredible is going through its initial charge as I type this.

I've had a BB Curve for a couple of years & it was nice. I'm looking forward to ditching the track ball, being able to use a real browser & not having to pull the battery every couple of hours to restart the thing.

6. Boom_70

Please give us a review ASAP. Particularly interested in key board.

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I phone is nicer then most vzw phones, but att service is HORRIBLE. Even in bigger cities.

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Will do. I like the physical keyboard of the BB, but hate the way it is on the Moto Droid.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I've actually had very few problems with AT&T, I don't live in a big city and when I visited my family in the boonies where the closest AT&T store is at LEAST two hours away, I still didn't have problems. I didn't have full app/Internet use, but as for texting and talking capabilities, my service held up well.

I have an iPhone and absolutely love it. Had I known that Alltel was going to be bought out by Verizon when I got my new plan, I would have gotten Verizon simply because I would have had mobile-to-mobile minutes with everyone that I talk to, basically.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I have zero problems with ATT. After the problems I've had with Sprint, I'm sold on ATT for a long while.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I drop calls nearly daily with AT&T. I have a Blackberry Bold and it's a good phone, but I'm not the biggest fan of the trackball (gets dirty and sticks). I'm shopping around right now to change carriers and Verizon is in the lead.

12. Boom_70

Article in NYT today on ATT dead zones.

Draft saved Draft deleted