1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blackberry owners

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by I'll never tell, Oct 8, 2010.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Look at your clock options. Mine has both already built in.

2. I got a Blackberry Bold yesterday -- my first smart phone. When I use the wireless setting, does that mean I'm not using anything from the data plan? Also, I take it that whenever you have an application open, that means you are using the data?

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

You're only using data when there is something transmitting. There will be arrows in the upper right corner of your screen. Just having an app open won't do that. Also, if you're using WiFi, no, you're not using your service data plan, you're using the WiFi connection.

4. @bydesign77 Thanks. I was a little confused because I had Pandora on earlier and it told me that if I was going to use it much, I should get a bigger data plan.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

pandora can be very data intensive... it's receiving information all the time while something is playing. that's why i like slacker... you can cache station to play without using the service... and if you refresh while on wifi, you won't use any data ...

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

You can also buy a 4 GB phone memory card for about $15 at Staples. I got one the other day instead of an iPod - it holds about 550 songs, and I use it in my car with a cassette tape to headphone jack converter.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Stupid work. Our plan blows so pretty much anything you can download is off limits to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted