1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blackberry owners

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by I'll never tell, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've only had mine a couple of months. No battery pulls.
    Yet.

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

My old one, I had to pull regularly.

After I ran that one through the washer/dryer -- advice: don't do that -- my new one, I've had to open and pull the battery only once.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I just got a BlackBerry today, so I will use this thread as my guide through my own stupidity.

Stupidity such as ... is there any charge for putting my photos on Facebook?

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Bubs,

Depends on your data plan. If its unlimited like mine, then the only charge is paying for that plan.

But no, there isn't a charge from fb or bb to do that.

Related note, I used 3 gb of service last month on my bb.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I was paying 30 per month for data usage. One month I ran pandora for 24 full hours. I'm on fbook, tweeting all the time, and I was still under the ATT usage for the lower plan. So I switched down and saved $5 bucks a month. If I didn't use pandora and other things as much I could probably save $10 more. You might be able to do the same. Check your usage charges on your next bill.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Question: Previously my BB would save all of my texts -- the setting says it's still saving all of my SMS (outgoing, incoming). But now they are dropping off my BB after a set amount of time/texting. No, I am not deleting everything in the outbox. Is there another setting somewhere that could be affecting this?

(Other than this glitch, my old-school Curve still works wonderfully.)

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Check your settings in "General Options" and see what it says under 'Days to Keep Messages.'

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

When I owned a BB, web browsing was always a pain. Thing would freeze up all the time. I JUST WANT TO SEE A GOD DAMNED SCORE!!

Great messaging phones though.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

NOLA,

Browsing has gotten better... plus most sites have developed mobile sites specifically for smart phones, so it's all better now.

10. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I had to make a change on my phone on my browser options from the Blackberry browser to the more generic Internet browser, and it's way, way better.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, bb browser stinks.
    Donwload Opera Mini.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I've been using the BB browser, too, and it's a piece of crap. I'll have to look at Opera Mini.

Does anyone have a suggestion on a timer/stopwatch app (free, if possible)?

Draft saved Draft deleted