1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blackberry advice?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

Hey, friends, just ponied up for a Blackberry 8800, which will be delivered to the homestead on Wednesday.

Any advice from B-Berry users out there? I'm upgrading after almost 3 years of using a POS Motorola.

For example, how in the heck do I transfer the 326 numbers I have stored in the old phone to the B-Berry?

Thanks

2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Your provider's local store should be able to transfer them over ... or they can just transfer SIM cards. Really not hard.

I *love* my crackberry. Too much, probably. The wife, predictably, hates it.

rb

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The 8800 is a great choice. Almost never crashes. Keep charged though.

The best add-on I've gotten is Google Maps. Download it while using the BB browser and you get instantaneous GPS for free!!

As for media, you need a better memory card if you want any more than 4 pictures and 2 songs.

4. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

How does the Blackberry do on EDGE through AT&T? I hear it is painfully slow..

5. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Not slow for me, and I live in a part of the continent known more for good barbecue and dirt roads than quality cell service.

I have the 8300 -- the Curve -- and love it. I could use a bigger memory card, though. But my paper bought it for me, so I guess I can invest a LITTLE into it. :)

rb

Draft saved Draft deleted