1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Can always count on Deadspin!

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

@EdgeofSports has nothing to do with our coaches. Our coaches are 100% behind us. Including the white ones

Glad he added the last part, because otherwise we 'd assume the white coaches are all racist.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Read this story this morning. If I'm a student there, I order two large pizzas to be delivered to his house.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And some marijuana.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The Mizzou administration has been tolerating or ignoring racist, sexist and homophobic behavior for decades. What made anybody think it would change now?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not to mention alleged rapes of female swimmers.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Because it has nothing to do with football. Do many people here not realize this is a perceived equality issue and not see why the football players would use their power (such that it is) to influence the issue? I am not sure what the president has really done wrong, but it doesn't just seem to be a small pocket of students who perceive a problem.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Think it was the wrong link.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Nope. Maybe not the best explanation, but seems pretty clear to me what the issue is and why the football players are supporting it.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It was the right link, I just didn't connect it well (or at all). The players are protesting the same issues as the hunger striker.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yes. And they are hoping the football players have the sway to put pressure on the president. But again, not sure how much he can do about racism, as while there are numerous incidents, they seem pretty random.

Draft saved Draft deleted