1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black ice = "exploded" fibula

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Jan 5, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have decided to spend the weekdays upstairs in bed, but Saturday morning I will venture downstairs for the weekend. Going up stairs is a real bitch, and my wife and I decided it was not worth doing everyday.

I get to see Lil 93 all weekend downstairs, so that was the biggest part of the decision. It also helps that the bedroom tv is a shitty little 20 inch thing and the HD one is downstairs.

2. 93Devil

Just a little update...

I have had a hard cast since the 13th with very little discomfort, and if I do have any, it's when I accidentally place any real pressure on the foot while crutching around. Of the 80 Perks I have, I took probably 12.

I am able to get on the floor with my daughter and play, and stairs are not a problem. Getting on the floor with her was a huge bonus.

When I met with the Doc, a great southern man by the way, I found out that I now have a plate in my ankle with eight screws. That has to be some type of record.

On Feb 10th I will have the hard cast off, and then I will have a walking boot. I will probably still be with the crutches for a couple more weeks, and then I should be fine. Everything looked good on the ankle and the healing.

The Doc said traveling will be a royal pain for the rest of my life, and even though I will have a cool x-ray card, I will probably be strip searched every time I fly. Yeah!!! Maybe the person will be as hot as Hillary Swank? I have only been out of the house twice since January 3rd.

The moral of the story is when you fall, fall on your ass and not your ankle.

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you're healing, 93. Nice to know you can get replacement parts for yourself at any Home Depot.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'd never be injured again if I can follow this bit of sage advice.

5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

To one of my favorite fellow new dads, get well soon.

I can't imagine being bed ridden and missing the playtime on the floor.

Then again, my monstrous devil child would somehow drag me onto the floor.

Get well soon, my man.

6. 93Devil

You know, that's all it is. I paid for labor, not parts.

The screws creep me out. Doc said they might loosen over time!!! WTF.

I wish he kept that to himself.

7. 93Devil

It took me about two weeks to get on the floor with her.

I'll tell out what really sucked. When she saw me, the crutches scared her. Now she plays with them, but man that hurt me when I saw her face.

8. 93Devil

Did you watch The Office this week?

And yes, she is hot.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

This would make a lot more sense if 93D was a Broncos fan.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Don't fall on your ass too hard though. A couple years ago I fell on some stairs in a drunken accident and completely bruised my tailbone. Worst injury I've ever had.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fucking brilliant.

IJAG has no idea why she just threw her copy of "Million Dollar Baby" in the fire.

12. 93Devil

No one watches The Office?

Draft saved Draft deleted