1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black History Month edition of "Wait, that was racist?"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Tom Brookshier thinks that the school's staff has a collective IQ of about 40.

2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

My wife makes a mean from-scratch jalapeno-cheddar cornbread, though it may not count because she cooks it in muffin pans so it's like little dreamy cakes of spicy cornbread heaven. But man I could go for about 30 or 40 of those right about now, with a steaming hot bowl of chili.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Jalapeno cornbread is just fine, even if cooked in muffin pans. As long as it's not that goddamn fucking Jiffy mix.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

History is history, pretty or otherwise. It has no color or race. Some people feel this need to revise it to make it appear more palatable.

5. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Oh fuck no.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Thanks, Nat X.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But what happens during the leap years?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We'll give 'em the leap years if they stop bringing up reparations. That's the deal. The subject of reparations pops up every few years. Then they get the extra day every fourth February, which allows them to add Jesse Jackson to the approved list of Black History Month subjects (after Martin Luther King, George Washington Carver, MLK again, Harriett Tubman, Jesse Owens, more MLK, Jackie Robinson, and that guy from Cleveland who invented the traffic light), and they stop talking about reparations for four more years. Everybody wins.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pioneer Chicken in Long Beach made the best fried chicken I ate growing up. The batter was so goddamn thick and tasty, the chicken so juicy.

Popeye's makes good fried chicken, as does Cluck-U in Trenton.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The champ:

[​IMG]

Gus's aside, I much prefer the fried chicken from any grocery store deli counter over what you'd get at a chain restaurant.

And Mark, EVERY month is White History Month.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Always funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted