1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday starts on Thursday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I dig the idea of stores being open on Thanksgiving night. Much better for us nightowls...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071109/us_nm/thanksgiving_storehours_dc_2

2. Black Friday ads have already started leaking out. Some cool stuff out there.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oooooooooh Black Friday!

I'm all but done for the boyfriend and my mom (Bare Escentuals starter pack and a cashmere sweater). Have to get my dad something, but likely nothing from Black Friday.

I might not need to go out that day. How ... odd.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm hoping to find myself a computer that day. Other than that, I don't really need anything for anybody.

5. Desktop or laptop SC?

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My mom wants a computer. If I find a really cheap one, I might consider it.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I want a pony.

And a light saber.

Just so's you know.

8. Here is the cheapest desktop and cheapest laptop that are in the Best Buy Black Friday ad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is what I'm going after ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. sportschick

Looks like I'll be waiting outside Best Buy in the bitter cold this year. Anybody wanna join me? I'll bring hot chocolate!

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'm 34 years old and i've never once gone shopping on black friday. i hope to keep this streak alive for at least another 34 years. i just can't imagine needing anything that much to waste a day off at the store. and there's no fucking way i'll ever be one of those people waiting in line at the asscrack of dawn to get into a store, even if i suddenly become poor.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I have never spent more than three hours. I wake up, go to the store, get what I need (if you get there after the doors open, the good shit's gone anyway) and I'm generally back in bed by 9 a.m.

12. sportschick

You're not invited then!

And since I get off at 2:30 or so and Best Buy opens at 5, I won't be waiting long.

Draft saved Draft deleted