1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday is out of control

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mediaguy, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Now that some stores open at 4 a.m., when will we see stores opening at 3 a.m. or 2 a.m.? In a few years, when stores are opening at midnight, I might consider doing some Black Friday shopping.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Y'all have Detroiters giving $20 gift certificates to anyone with a Canadian driver's licence.

Just thought you'd like to know ...

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They have a favorable exchange rate AND they're getting gift certificates?

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I had Circuit City try and tell me that the sale price on a new tv was no good, even though it showed up on the computer. He said he'd have to jack it up on me. I left my apartment and returned in about an hour's time, tops. And I wish chapter 11 on Circuit City. But it was about as painless as I could make it. No way in hell you'll see me in a mall.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I'm just waiting for the first story to hit this year about fights at Black Friday.

Usually it's two fat cows fighting over the last $25 DVD player.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't even know if I'm going to be doing much Christmas shopping this year.

You're going to get the hand-made craft and you'll LIKE it. Bi-yatch!

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Outlet malls are already opening at midnight around here ... and stayed open all night.

I would have a much easier time shopping at 1 or 2 a.m. than I do at 4 or 5 a.m. ... found that out the hard way when I overslept this morning.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ms. Slappy's friend saw that at Walmart this morning.., cops and everything...

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Yup, y'all want our money ... for a change.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

It's never even crossed my mind to get up before dawn to go shopping. Then again, my shopping list is incredibly short and I tend to do 95 percent of my shopping online.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Two years ago, I did it the easy way. Saw the Best Buy ad in advance and on the day before Thanksgiving, bought my 19 inch monitor for 329. Took the receipt (and the monitor just in case) back the day after Thanksgiving and said here's your ad. "Re-ring this please" And they did -- at 20 buckjs less plus the 150 mail in rebate....

Draft saved Draft deleted