1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday is out of control

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mediaguy, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

it is incredible

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I just woke up.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

No ef'n way I'd get out in this crap. No. Way.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I made the mistake of going with my sister, a raging shop-aholic once, and she dragged me around the city for seven hours, beginning at 5 a.m. It was like I was 5 again, kicking and screaming because I didn't want to go to church.

When I was at her place two years ago, she asked if I wanted to keep her company. I laughed and told her to wake me when she got back.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I was semi-tempted to stop at Best Buy or Circuit City last night on my way home about 1 a.m. "Ah, what's four more hours?"

That's until I saw that the parking lots at both places were packed. Yes, I said packed. At 1 a.m.

This stuff's gone too far.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Not a snowball's chance in hell will you find me shopping today.

No way, no how.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Oh... you might find me shopping... from my home office.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I did that after a nap last night. If possible, I try to do all of my shopping online. The only problem is that I've got to have all my stuff shipped to someone else's house -- due to a pair of thefts at my apartment earlier in the year. So that person, who generally has an all-access pass to anything I ship to her house, has the red light now that her gifts will be at her house well before the holiday. It's too bad, too, because she'll probably volunteer to wrap anything I buy.

And that's a whole other story. I think I'd rather go out shopping today than spend an hour wrapping gifts.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Went out this morning after Ms. Slappy woke me up to go with her and a girlfriend... lot of cheap DVD's at Best Buy and Target and some get-you-in-the-door things at Lowe's.
    But in Target at 9 a.m., the lights went out... apparently much of the north side of town lost power -- including the whole mall area...

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ahhhh...my reason for living.

I love Black Friday. And I only got to yell at one security guy at Target and one person trying to skip the line. No elbows thrown (to non-family members), no blood drawn. But I got two bottles of wine (mom and aunt), a gift for my boyfriend that was 50 percent off (yay!) and a cute pair of red ballet flats for me that were marked down from $45 to $17.99.

I did, however, get loudly and openly accused of racism despite me asking the question of someone I couldn't even see. So, it's whatever. I almost got to get my blood-letting in then.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Stumbled out of bed at 10 a.m., went to Target, found three items we were going to buy for our kids sold out, grabbed the rain checks, stood in line for 15 minutes, was home by 11 a.m.

I rule.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

When Black Friday comes
    I'll collect everything I'm owed
    And before my friends find out
    I'll be on the road
    When Black Friday falls you know it's got to be
    Don't let it fall on me

:D

Draft saved Draft deleted