1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday is coming, hooray, hooray!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

True. Put the edition out early. I mean, no one's going to watch the Broncos-Chiefs game thanks to the NFL anyway.

We have hair places here (can't rate them for you ... don't hit those in town and wrong gender to boot), but the pants will probably stay on hold.

If it makes you feel any better, I now wish I had known about duty-free shopping as well. Some reward for planning and getting my stuff done. :mad:

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, but I'm saving money on my hair place. And the gas money alone to get down there would cancel the taxes I'd pay on any purchase.

3. Sam Mills 51

I was going to say something there, but Captain Obvious was sleeping over his turkey coma. But the local economy could have used the boost. :D

4. I am just now sifting through the last of the possible jokes suggested by the phrase, "pants on hold."
    The tryptophan is slowing me down some.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

No, I'm Darth Vader.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

There were people in line at Best Buy today at 6 p.m. For the opening tomorrow. I kind of want to go out there and lob pee balloons at them later tonight.

Outlet mall about an hour from my mom's house as well as an hour from my house will be opening at midnight. 30 percent off your total ticket at the L.L. Bean outlet!

7. Sam Mills 51

Is wearing black properly honoring Black Friday? ;D

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm buying my mom's present online tomorrow. I'm not brave enough to go to stores on Black Friday.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm headed to Wal-Mart to go grocery shopping in about half an hour (EST). Think it'll be crowded?

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Doubt it will be open. Will it? I know the Wal-Marts where I lived before closed at midnight then reopened at 5 a.m.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

It's a 24-hour Wal-Mart that's been open all night so far. I'm really frickin' hungry. It better be open.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ha. Ours were 24 hour too. OH well, maybe it differs by state.

Draft saved Draft deleted