1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday is coming, hooray, hooray!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Nothing is more fun that watching two soccer moms brawl over the last $9.99 copy of Cars...

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I don't get them until that day. But if they are, I'm sure they'll attract tens of thousands of people who don't know what Black Friday is, wouldn't normally be up at 5 a.m. that day, etc.

3. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

IJAG -- what are 5 or 6 good deals you're looking for, or that you've heard about?

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

My Christmas shopping was done two weeks ago ... the parents were shopped by July.

Now my area is waiving taxes, giving those two people fighting for the last DVD player at Wal-Mart all the more reason for the event to escalate into a bar brawl.

But now I might just go get an item or two for myself. :-\ Still need that DVD player with the HDMI plug.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hold out for the full-blown surround sound package...

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Bose 901s in front, 201s in back, center channel. That part was done two years ago.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I did 95 percent of my shopping today in Hoover. Traffic was fine when I went into the mall at about 2:00. When I left at 4, it was a freaking madhouse.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I really think Black Friday is best for electronics, and since I took care of most electronics last year, I don't know what all I'm really looking for. The clothing and whatnot can wait, those sales last. I'll pore over the coupons tomorrow.

I do have a hair appointment at 9:45, though. Figured I deserved the pampering.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Just like with a skanky crack whore.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This thread is further proof that the terrorists have won.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Best thing I've seen looking through circulars stolen from the press room is at Target: 512MB jump drives and 512MB camera cards, regularly $25 on sale for $8.

Of course, I won't be there to get them...

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Story idea: walk around with a hidden mic during the peak hours of Black Friday at a Best Buy or Target or Wal-Mart, etc., and fashion a story that features all of the crazy insane greed-spurred comments one might hear during the heat of the battle, especially since it's the day after Thanksgiving, when love is supposed to reign supreme.

Draft saved Draft deleted