1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You'll probably start seeing GPS units with really good prices in the next year.

Most smart phones have navigation apps that are just as good.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I bought the Samsung 46-inch LED HDTV at Sears for $999.99. It's 1.5 inches thin. The regular price, it said, was 1699.99. I won't have it out of the box and hooked up until Sunday, but I'm very excited about it.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

There's no way I could wait that long before hooking it up. I'd stay up all night if necessary. :)

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

CONGRATS TO all who have victorious tales to tell of their black friday savings.

put me among the many who believe "black friday" gives the u.s. shopping masses a "black eye," if you will. there is nothing about the frenzy that ensues as maniacal buyers show the worst in them...

and NEVER have i heard of ANYONE getting such an incredible bargain as to justify the festivities. even when i was healthy, and were to be in the future, i much preferred/prefer the safety of shopping on line, where the savings can also be rewarding...

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No, entire thing is verbatim from my friend's FB.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

drove by wally at midnight, place was packed. Wife and I thought we were not going to get any deals so we just went to bed. Woke up at 6:30, went out and went to Home Depot, Sams and Wally. At all three places we got everything we wanted (there was tons of stuff left) and never had to fight a crowd or wait in line.
    It was, in all, the best Black Friday we had ever had. Hope they keep doing the midnight stuff, because that took a lot of the crazies away from us lazies.
    Our wally must have stocked in three waves, the first for the nuts at midnight, the second for the people waiting for electronics at 5 a.m. and a third for people like the wife and I at 7 a.m. because they were still bringing stuff out. I got stuff my friend who went out at midnight didn't get.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The laptop I was prepared to get up at 4 a.m. on Friday to buy, I bought online on Thanksgiving Day. I was able to sleep in on Friday!

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Well, someone has to entertain the mens on Black Friday.

Surprisingly my day wasn't awful. I stopped at RiteAid on the way in and picked up three rolls of wrapping paper, two twix bars and a six pack of water for six bucks. WOW. ::)

We were steadily busy at the store but staffed for it and I was home a half hour after we closed. If my furnace didn't blow up at 2 a.m. I'd feel pretty good about things.

9. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Got an idea for the next big virtual reality game, or whatever they call this shit: Wal-Mart Guitar Hero Hero.

Here's how you play -- You sit on your living room floor in front of your TV acting like you're camping out at Wal-Mart on Black Friday to get a mega-cheap deal on Guitar Hero. Whoever acts like they're shivering the most convincingly and has the smelliest farts wins.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Idiot America indeed.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Did he feed him after midnight?

Draft saved Draft deleted