1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Totally have my eye on that one.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

So I did the Walmart thing at midnight to get my nephew Madden 11 for $29 ...

Whiskey
    Tango
    Foxtrot

3. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

Never been a Black Friday guy but have been looking for a new laptop for a while and found one I couldn't pass up.

Best Buy has the Samsung QX410 for $699 (usually $849). Cnet and other sites give it great reviews. Compared it side-by-side with the MacBookPro, which I'd also considered. QX410 equaled or surpassed it in every category, except it doesn't have bluetooth.

So those of you needing a laptop maybe give that a look. I think the sale lasts through Saturday (it's $150 off four different Samsungs, actually). Plus if you use a Best Buy credit card, it's same as cash for 18 months.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I like it just for the competitive nature. Dislike shopping but love competition. Heading out now -- only 3 stops this year as the ads don't move me to pursue too much.

I previous years, I've walked through loading docks to get in early, employee entrances, "out" doors the second they open. One thing I did not do this year - and it could cost me - do a walk-through of the store on Wednesday to ask where each item I'm pursuing will be.

I'm flying blind today.

5. CRR13

CRR13 Member

I'm heading out this afternoon once the debris clears. For some reason, I enjoy watching people wait in the cold rain while sitting near my fireplace.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I went about 90 minutes ago. Toys R Us had some things half off which my daughter wanted for Hanukah. I then went to the Lord and Taylor near my house and picked up coats which my daughter and wife wanted for about 80 percent off each. Traffic was very light.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I am about to pull three trees and about 14 crates of shit out of the lofts in the garage. That's my Black Friday.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Haven't been able to do a Black Friday due to work in some time, but I always take advantage of Cyber Monday.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

It's black-and-tan Friday at my house.

10. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

With temps around 70 instead of the normal 35-40, this morning was a total cluster. A department store that normally has 25 people in line 45 minutes before its 4 a.m. opening had more than 300 ... and they weren't doing anything more than they did last year. The other stores were slammed beyond a normal Black Friday, as well.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm actually afraid to go into work today. I've never closed on Black Friday, so this should be an experience. I actually forgot to check what time I was in today, so I call and they said it wasn't that bad. Our busy time will be early afternoon until dinner time.

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I didn't know Hooters was open the day after Thanksgiving.

Draft saved Draft deleted