1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

It wasn't until a few years ago that my church did the Messiah at Christmas. Before that, we always did it on Easter Sunday. It's a beautiful piece, however, no matter which holiday it was meant for. :D

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

A decent point-and-shoot. I already have a digital SLR for work, so want a decent one to keep in my purse for fun. And my mom wants the one I swiped from my dad back.

After going through all the ads, I actually found a 10 megapixel, 10x optical zoom on sale at BestBuy now with free shipping for $50 less than anything comparable in two weeks. Should be here in time for my jaunt to the Carrier Dome on Saturday.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I'm actually looking for one as well. If you don't mind letting me on which one you found, that would be fantastic!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I bought an Olympus like 15 megapixel with a 30X optical zoom a few months ago, then got bit by the DSLR bug....
    Might end up selling it to a friend for/from work, but if that falls through...
    Great camera, just liked the Canon t1i more...

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

At least two radio stations here have already gone all-Christmas.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/FUJIFILM+-+FinePix+12.1-Megapixel+Digital+Camera+-+Silver/9789024.p?id=1218175321766&skuId=9789024
    12.1 MP x 10x Optical zoom with image stabilization for $150.

7. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

Sweet. Thanks for posting the link to the ads.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We need:
    • A new microwave (I lit ours on fire last year)
    • an LCD TV for the sitting room
    • a laptop or iPad for me

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wants are different than needs. Use your stove to boil water and heat things up such as soup. Preferably you should use a tin pot, like those little ones you might take camping. Instead of an LCD TV you should have a supply of playing cards and board games in the living room so you can have family game night. Maybe get a few books from the library and read to each other. And an iPad as a need? Are you dating Steve Jobs? Pencil and paper still work just fine. You can write down anything you want. And no need to send emails as you could just wait til you have something important to say and use your local post office to send a letter. [/RickStain]

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

We've had the thread, but don't feel like doing the work (so sue me!), but what's the differences/advantages between LCD and plasma. Since my parents got burgled, my aunt's sending money for them to get a new TV but wanted to be able to steer them one way or another.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We're pretty frugal, and we've been waiting for many of these items.

For example, the microwave I lit on a fire a year ago still works. We've been using it. However, it's a little embarassing on those rare occassions when we have visitors.

We have a nice plasma in the living room and a 20-year-old TV in the sitting room. We've been saving two-plus years for an LCD to hang on the wall in the sitting room.

I'd like to get a laptop or iPad because the price might be good. However, it's not a necessity right now, so this is the likely item to to fall by the wayside.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Am I the only one wondering why Buck lit the microwave on fire?

Microwave sacrifice? An offering to the cooking gods?

Draft saved Draft deleted