1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Nov 13, 2010.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Apologies but I didn't see a thread.

http://www.blackfriday.info/

I was waiting for the BestBuy ad to see if they had deals on a small TV, but no such luck. Now I'm searching for a good digital camera.

Enjoy.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Check the Target ad. I thought they had a 42 inch for $250.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm looking for a smaller one for the bedroom, but that's a great deal. Maybe Dr. J will spring for that.

Edit: I just heard that Sears is open on Thanksgiving. I wonder if their Black Friday sales are going on then, or if they're having special sales.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

GIDDY GIDDY GIDDY GIDDY GIDDY

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

We never even did the Neiman's Xmas thread, and it's already Black Friday?? I am so behind. Will get on this asap. How will you know where to get a $15,000 gingerbread house? Or camels! I'm for sure getting camels.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Last Saturday, saw my first Christmas tree in a store window. Today, heard my first Christmas song in a store. I remember when I couldn't wait to hear Christmas music. Now it just raises my blood pressure.

7. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Watch this...it will get you in the mood.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

We're looking through the ads. We have a lovely flat-screen TV that was great when we bought it...10 years ago. Might be time for an upgrade.

9. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Black Friday is my holiday. One of the few redeeming reasons to still work at a newspaper is getting to see the ads early.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What kind of digital camera, FJ?

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

My brother and I have been camping out for Black Friday every year since 1997 (And considering he was born in 1991, that's impressive).

This year we're heading to Best Buy. I need a new laptop as mine is on the verge of death, a new GPS because my TomTom from a couple of years ago was a piece of crap and a 2TB external hard drive.

We've been tempted to try the 24-hour thing to A.) See if we can do it and B.) See if we can be first in line. Don't know if that will happen or not but we're damn tempted.

12. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted