1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday 2009

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 22, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

What evidence do you have that Circuit City execs know anything about actually selling electronics?

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They aren't. It's just they are taking part in the holiday that Black Friday has become. It's an event more than a chance to save money.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Somebody's gotta stock the shelves.

4. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

You guys, if you're Black Friday shoppers, really need to know this site.
    Every ad in one spot:
    http://www.black-friday.net/

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

By the way, Old Navy opens up at 3 a.m. on Black Friday.
    Just in case any of ya'll needed a new pair of khakis for five bucks.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

All posted at www.bfads.net as well.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm lining up at Best Buy at 12:30 p.m. or so tomorrow (Depends when my HS Football games are over). I'm really hoping people flock to Walmart as I've got my eyes on the PS3 and Walmart has the better deal. I'm going to BB though because, frankly, I'd rather not have to fight off the entire all-star cast of Cops: Most Wanted.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

There was a line around the building of people waiting for our early edition with the ads.... and they dinged 'em for $2 a copy...

9. Scouter

Scouter Member

The girlfriend and I had been talking about getting a new TV on Black Friday so we went to Sears to check out the ones advertised for Friday's sales. Turns out one of them already was on sale so we bought it on the spot for $600 (beats getting there at 4 a.m.). So now I'm enjoying my 40-inch Samsung 1080p HDTV and loving every minute of it. Not sure how I lasted this long without high-def. I may not sleep tonight.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Judging by the 8-pound, advertising-stuffed newspaper on my driveway this morning . . . how the fuck is our company in bankruptcy?

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Congrats. Wait until the football games come on today.

12. tdonegan

tdonegan Member

Your first time watching a high-definition sporting event is right up there with "first beer" and "first rated-R movie" on the underrated life experiences scale.

Draft saved Draft deleted