1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Black Christmas"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Isn't the hottie from Eurotrip in this movie?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

All-grown-up Lacey Chabert is in it!

4. This brings up my favorite complaint that annualy starts up this time of year - that our country's insistence of calling Christmas Vacation Winter Break and by not having as much public Christmas decorations means that Christmas is under seige.

Oh yes, those poor Christians facing so much adversity. It's truly a shame.

5. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Totally, to paraphrase somebody from the board last winter: "Christmas is still ahead of all the other holidays 999-0, and Troy Smith is throwing touchdowns in the fourth quarter."

6. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

I had no idea someone had made four "sequels" to Silent Night, Deadly Night. Wow.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Gee, I missed every one of these movies. Wonder why?

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The folks at the studio behind Black Christmas apparently decided to give a big middle finger to the people who are upset about its release.

The newest commercial has the narrator saying something to the effect of: "Some people are angry that a movie this disturbing, this raw and this bloody is being released on Christmas. They haven't seen anything yet."

As a former altar boy (who was not molested, so let's not make jokes) and someone whose close family friend is a priest, I find this hilarious. People really need to lighten up. You don't like a slasher flick being released on Xmas? Don't go see it. Leave the rest of us alone.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You never let us have any fun.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sorry, Ragu. OK, go ahead and fire away. Who am I to put a stop to holiday merriment?

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OK... Let's see.... Where to begin?

So as an unmollested altar boy, did you feel like you had to grope yourself?

Draft saved Draft deleted