1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bizarre

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, May 30, 2007.

1. digger

digger New Member

State soccer playoffs - the night before the game, players from team stupid try to play a prank on one of their teammates at his house. While driving away, they accidently run over one of their teammates (a team captain who's father is also a well-known football coach in the area) and kill him. I think they were trying to drive away with the lights off and backed over their teammate.

For some reason, they still try to play the game against team no-class the next day. (state rules probably wouldn't allow it to be postponed due to scheduling). Team no-class jumps out to like a 3-0 lead, and one of the players on team no-class says to one of the team stupid players "We're going to kill you like you killed your captain''.

All hell breaks loose, there's a huge brawl on the field. The goalie from team stupid completely flattens one of the team no-class players with one punch (that's the one thing I remember), but basically team stupid has the big upperhand in the fight. After everything gets sorted out, team stupid forfeits the rest of the game.

Most of the players on both teams are also on the wrestling teams at the schools. Team no-class is the higher ranked team all year, but when they finally are set to wrestle like 3 monthes later, they're so afraid of the other guys that many of them come up with mysterious injuries and duck out. Team stupid wins pretty easily.

I still don't understand why team stupid tried to play that game.

(edited because I said the wrong team was the higher ranked one in wrestling)

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Damn, that's awful. My senrioryear we had a kid from the other team kick the ball into the stands, and came close to the camera area where my dad was filming on top of the press box. You could see the ball coming at him on film. Pretty funny.

Just can't remember seeing anything like that in a game I was covering.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Division II college baseball at my school ... was doing PA for the day for the SID (an extra $25 of drinking money) and the top of one inning goes so long that the other team's centerfielder, during a pitching change, turns around, jogs to the fence and pisses on an advertiser sign. Seriously, just pulled it out in front of God and everyone (at least the 32 people in attendance) and pissed on the sign.

Draft saved Draft deleted