1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bizarre story involving The (Toledo) Blade, UT

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JoelHammond, Jul 3, 2007.

1. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

If I'm reading everything right, sounds like a nice little disconnect between the business side of the paper and the editorial side.

I especially like the paper's business guy telling the AD, "I'm as disappointed as you are."

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070703/SPORTS11/707030376

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I don't know who looks like bigger foof: The GM of the Blade or the AD?
    The Blade finds this out by FOIAing UT instead of someone in its own building? How dumb is he for his basic statement: I applaud the editorial department for writing this, but they should have told me so I could have spiked it?
    The AD sends something like this and thinks it won't end up in print?
    The president who is caught in the middle?

None of this would have happened if Allen Bohl were still around (Yeah, I know... it would have been worse)

3. chazp

chazp Active Member

I don't think this story WILL END WELL For UT!

4. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Why any college official would do anything like this via e-mail is a mystery. E-mail has made investigative reporting at least 80 percent easier.

5. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Those headshots make me think this ran in the paper in the '80s.

6. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Straight outta The Onion.

Draft saved Draft deleted