1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bizarre story at Purdue: Body in closet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KnuteRockne, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Remember this was in West Lafayette, the smell probably blended in with its surroundings.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I lived in the Haute for three and a half years. Don't try to tell me West Lafayette stinks!

3. Mmac

Mmac Guest

That's true, the line would've been better if it was at ISU, but an IU grad can't turn down that kind of opening for a Purdue shot.

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

West Lafayette does stink! Maybe not quite as bad as the Haute. But it stinks.

Somedays you get the wind going the wrong way and you get the stench that folks in Terre Haute are so familiar with -- a paper factory across the river in south Lafayette. Other days something was wrong with the sewer system in WL and the sweet stench of sewage would permeate the air.

Thinking about it takes me back to that wonderful time in my life when I couldn't wait to leave West Lafayette.

5. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Usually, that time in my life comes the moment I set foot in West Lafayette.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed

7. david kaye

david kaye Member

From someone who has lived in West Lafayette and the Haute, there is no comparison. Haute wins in a stinky landslide.

8. Sly

Sly Active Member

True story: When I was in college, a kid who was just five-feet tall fell down the garbage chute eight or nine stories and lived to tell about it (but not without some serious injuries, IIRC) Luckily the janitor looked that morning before hitting the compactor button. This was so long ago that I can't remember all the details, but I also seem to remember there was speculation that someone threw him down there because he was so drunk and so small.

Draft saved Draft deleted